OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE
We’re doing everything we can to help keep your family healthy, while continuing to provide the essential pregnancy, birth, and postpartum support that new families need. Here is our updated COVID policy (January 2021). If you have any questions, please get in touch.
- We’ll be wearing a mask at every appointment, birth, and home visit. Clients are required to wear a mask in the office. While we do not require you to wear a mask during home visits, it is appreciated!
- We’re continuing to be strict about handwashing and to maintain physical distance wherever possible. During consultations and prenatal appointments, and wherever possible, we will maintain 2m of physical distance.
- When you come into the office, please wear a mask and be prepared to wash or sanitize your hands as soon as you arrive. Please don’t arrive until your appointment time to avoid using the waiting area.
- Please cancel your appointment if you or anyone in your household has been sick in the last 24 hours. This includes a cough, fever, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, or any symptoms of illness or COVID-19. If your doula or anyone in their household is sick, we’ll cancel our visit and reschedule for when everyone is healthy.
- All in-person appointments, classes, and visits can easily be substituted for a phone call or Zoom appointment at your request. Just let us know!
- Doulas are permitted at Nanaimo Regional General Hospital for support during active labour and until 4 hours postpartum. If you’re considering doula support, we can still be there for you!
- If restrictions change, we’ve got a plan in place to help you prepare include extra sessions with your doula to go over coping techniques and virtual support when you transition to the hospital.